Will irs be late in updating

Posted by / 20-Oct-2018 06:42

If you're one of the millions of Americans who are asking, "Why haven't I gotten my 2017 income tax refund yet? It depends on a couple of things, but the good news is that there are several tools to help find out.First of all, taxpayers who use a professional, such as a CPA or EA, can ask that professional for an estimated date.Another option is to request a payment agreement by filing form 9465-FS.If you're having trouble paying your taxes because you lost your job or your self-employment income has declined by 25% or more, you might qualify for penalty relief and a six-month payment extension under the IRS's Fresh Start program.Both penalties are charged on the amount of tax you owe for each month or partial month that you don't pay your tax bill.The penalty maxes out at 47.5% - that's 22.5% for filing late and 25% for paying late.Note: The IRS started processing most returns on January 24 in 2017, but did not start processing returns with the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) until Feb. If you filed early, this is probably the reason for the delay.

If the IRS does file a substitute return, you'll have the opportunity to correct it and receive the exemptions, credits and deductions you're owed if you file your own return.

Taxpayers who've already filed can also go to the Internal Revenue Service's website, which has a tool designed specifically for that called, "Where's My Refund?

" There are also apps for Apple, Android and other devices that help track refund status.

If you need more time to pay and you owe ,000 or less in combined taxes, penalties and interest, try using the IRS's online payment agreement to automatically set up a payment plan.

You can do this even before you receive any notices from the IRS.

will irs be late in updating-37will irs be late in updating-17will irs be late in updating-36

If you intentionally don't pay your taxes or make any effort to pay them, the IRS can force you to pay them.